Richelle Mead Bloodlines Twitter Chat

Between working on The Fiery Heart and preparing her new series The Gameboard of Gods, both out later this year, Richelle Mead took the time to Twitter chat on the #readpenguin.

For more information visit Penguin Teen Australia



Q. Where did the idea of The Keepers come from? PS: Angeline is epically awesome! :D
RM: Keepers came bc there'd have to be Moroi who didn't take part of the normal system and rules. I also

Q. My question: Don't you think Adrian is just so adorable?
RM: Yes...Adrian might be TOO adorable.

Q: Will we see more of lissa, rose, Christian, dimitri in the next book? Or the books after that? :)
RM: Lissa, Rose, Christian, and Dimitri are in book 4, The Fiery Heart. :)

Q: Is ever Ian going to play a role in the books?
RM: We'll see lots of Ian in The Indigo Spell. He's still pretty hot for Sydney. :)

Q: when did Adrian start and finally found out that he had feelings for Sydney?
RM: Hang on a few days until I write about that in my book club posts b/c I'm going to talk about when Adrian first KNEW. Great question :)

Q: Who the father Dmitri? Please
RM: Dimitri's father is a secret for another day... :)

Q: We have a Dhampir and Moroi as the male leads in VA & BL. Will a human boy be next?
RM: Haven't thought that far ahead. :)

Q: Is there going to be a movie on Bloodlines? :)
RM: No Bloodlines movie, but a VA one is making progress!

Q: Here in Mexico just be published Shadow Kiss..what do you say to your mexican fans?
RM: Hola, and I hope Mexico loves the book! Shadow Kiss is an exciting one. :)

Q: which 2013 book release of yours are you the most excited about: indigo, gameboard or fiery?
RM: All! Gameboard b/c I don't know if people will like it and the others because I think fans will go crazy over Sydrian!

Q: do you think adrian and i could be soulmates because my name is sydney and im ALSO blonde?
RM: Sounds like you've got two strong things in your favor...

Q: how many more books are you planning to write for bloodlines?
RM: Bloodlines will have six books total, just like VA

Q: Technically not a bloodlines question, but Team Ivashkov or Team Belikov?!
RM: I'm Team All My Guys

Q: idk if u can answer but do u know when Bloodlines Golden Lily will be out in Canada in French?
RM: I don't know, unfortunately! I don't know the French publisher's schedule. Sorry.

Q: When you're done with the last BL book will you be done with the VA world completely?
RM: I'd like to do more with the VA world when Bloodlines finishes, but I'm not sure what yet.

Q: who's your favourite character? :)
RM: Can't play favorites. :)

Q: Do the keepers have a way that dhampirs can reproduce with other dhampirs?!
RM: Nope--the Keepers haven't found a way yet for dhampirs and dhampirs to have babies

Q: Why did you decide on a human private school and not on any other setting?
RM: I did a human school b/c I wanted a new setting, plus I was interested in how vampires would adapt there

Q: who did you prefer writing about, Adrian and Sydney or Adrian and Rose?
RM: Probably Adrian/Sydney since I knew how it'd pan out w/Rose, though A & R had good banter sometimes. :)

Q: what was your favorite VA book to write?
RM: Shadow Kiss was probably my fave VA book to write, even though it depressed so many people. Loved writing it.

Q: Do you have a feminist perspective when writing your books?
RM: I absolutely believe in female characters who can kick ass mentally and physically.

Q: Where you able to think of your "world" before you began writing the series, or did it evolve as you wrote?
RM: I thought of the world basics when I began writing, but a lot of it has definitely grown along the way. Still is! :)

Q: Is it easier to write for the Vampire world or the Alchemist world?
RM: Writing for vampires & Alchemists is about the same, though I always have to look up brainy facts for the Alchs

Q: Will Adrian ever be able to move on past what Rose and Dimitri did?
RM: Check out the Bloodlines series to find out. :)

Q: Through Bloodlines will we get to see Rose and Dimitri get married :)
RM: Aw, I don't give away any future secrets! Just keep reading. :)

Q: Hello! Please can you tell us the name of the cover model of Adrian in bloodlines?!
RM: I don't know who the Adrian model is on Bloodlines. Sorry! :(

Q: Will we see Lissa and Jill's sisterly relationship develop anymore throughout the books? :)
RM: Lissa and Jill should have more interactions near the end of the Bloodlines series, prob books 5 and 6.

Q: Does Adrian hate Dimitri a little less by the end of The Golden Lily? Or maybe The Indigo Spell? Love your books!
RM: Adrian is definitely much cooler w/Dimitri. In Fiery Heart, A even says he respects D! :)

Q: how many pages will be in indigo spell? .... I'm hoping there are at least 500 lol
RM: don't have the page count handy, but Indigo is a little longer than Golden Lily.

Q: Many characters from VA are getting acknowledged/appearing, will Janine be getting involved more?
RM: We'll see a little Janine near the end of Bloodlines series, along with other fave characters

Q: Will we see more of Adrian/Christian's friendship later in the series?
RM: We'll see a little Adrian/Christian bonding near the end of the series. C sticks up for Adrian on a big issue

Q: Anymore Abe to come? And did he have that 'hunting trip' with Dimitri? How'd that go?
RM: Abe's hunting trip was just a joke. :) But we will see more of Abe in books 5 and 6.

Q: Hi Richelle, I would like to know how do you come up with your characters' names?
RM: I usually pick names by what "feels" right, flipping through name books. For Russian names, I do internet hunts

Q: Are you as excited as we are about the new book?
RM: I'm actually SUPER EXCITED about the book! Maybe not as much as you but pretty close! Hope you love it.

Q: how do you feel rose and dimitri developed from their initial relationship dynamic from book 1-6?
RM: Short answer: It grew stronger and became about inner attraction and not just outer.

Q: Are the keepers going to play a bigger role in future books
RM: We'll see some Keepers near the end of the Bloodlines series. Angeline has some good parts in Indigo too. :)

Q: are we seeing more of Adrian's Mom in the next books?
RM: Great question! We'll being hearing more about Adrian's mom in the second half of the series

Q: would you ever consider a spin off of just Adrian? Or one book just for Adrian, like his journal or something?
RM: Bloodlines is a spin-off about Adrian, and Fiery Heart will be told in his POV (plus Sydney's).

Q: Do you like writing from Rose's or Sydney's perspective more?
RM: I love both Rose and Sydney. They're so different! R is wilder, S more reserved. Makes both fun to write.

Q: how did you come up with such amazing ideas? greetings from Ecuador!
RM: The ideas just come from all parts of life! :) Hola, Ecuador!

Q: is there gonna be any more stories written from roses point of view?! I miss Dimka n rose :(((
RM: We might see more of Rose someday, but I'm not 100% sure yet. She'll have appearances in the Bloodlines series, though.

Q: how did you come up for the setting of Palm Springs?
RM: Chose Palm Springs b/c I needed a sunny place vampires wouldn't like. :)

Q: Is Eddie going to finally settle down in his love life?
RM: Aw, Eddie! You'll have to keep reading. He has lots of romantic problems ahead. :)

Q: Did switching between Sydney & Adrian's perspective make writing The Fiery Heart more difficult than other books?
RM: Yes! Writing both Syd & Adr in Fiery Heart is very hard. It's a struggle to keep their voices unique.

Q: I really love your work!! When will you know for certain if the VA will be signed as a movie or tv show?
RM: There's work going on with a VA movie now, and I hope to have news in the next few weeks I can share.

Q: How/why did you decide it was okay to bring adult themes into a series that would be marketed as YA?
RM: I think it's naive to think adult themes don't happen in teen lives, so I tried to make VA realistic

Q: what book (from bloodlines) you liked most writing?
RM: The Golden Lily was my fave Bloodlines book (so far), but Fiery Heart is pretty cool too.

Q: have you ever read fanfictions related to any of your stories (kincaid, VA, bloodlines or dark swan, you know)?
RM: I stay away from fan fiction. I can't handle it. :)

Q: Thoughts of Nic as Adrian?
RM: Nic is definitely super cute. :)

Q: are you going to be doing a book tour for this series? Preferably on the east coast?
RM: We'll announce soon, but my book tour will be pretty local to the PacNW. I'll try to get east later in the year

Q: your plots always contain so many unexpected twists, what gives you so much inspiration and ideas?
RM: Life, a lot of reading, and an active imagination!

Q: When you were world building,you wrote cards or fact files about the world’s features? Or is it all on your mind?
RM: I made a lot of notes in Microsoft Word. I have files called "characters," "magic," etc.

Q: How did you come up with the idea of writing an Alchemist world?
RM: I figured it was time for humans to be involved. Vampires couldn't stay secret forever.

Q: some news about Vampire Academy Movie?
RM: Soon! :)

Q: why does Jill feel Adrian's emotion such as hangovers when it wasn't like that for rose?
RM: The bond is always a little different for everyone.

Q: I'm not sure if my last question got there? ;3; will we see Christian in Bloodlines at all~ i miss him
RM: In book 5 and 6

Q: Which was the hardest VA or Bloodlines book to write?
RM: Indigo Spell was the hardest to write b/c it was just after my son was born, and I was so tired.

Q: what made you chose Sydney to narrate the bloodline books? :)
RM: I wanted a human pov, plus she's just so different from Rose. It's been having Sydney around.

Q: How did the idea for bloodlines begin?
RM: I knew in Shadow Kiss I wanted to keep going w/the VA world, which is why Jill first shows up there

Q: How do you deal with writer's block?
RM: I'm usually on deadline, so I just put something on the page and hope I can fix it later!

Q: have you gotten stuck on something when world building? If so what was it?
RM: No specifics come to mind, but I write myself into corners a lot and have to look at my own world logic.

Q: Hi from Turkey!Thnks 4 creating BL. If u have to choose Sydney & Adrian which actor & actress would be your choices?
RM: I can't think of any actors that look like them. :) I'll have to think more. Hello, Turkey!

Q: Which one did you had more inspiration to wrote? Bloodlines or VA
RM: Plenty of inspiration for both VA and Bloodlines. I've loved them both.

Q: Do you plan to write some new series like Dark Swan? I really liked everyone, especially Dorian ^ ^
RM: There's a new adult book called Gameboard of the Gods coming, and I'd like to write more Eugenie one day

Q: I wanted to thank you from inspiring me to write !!
RM: Good luck!

Q: Will we find out more about Sydney's ability with magic?
RM: Yes--Sydney has tons of magic in Indigo and Fiery Heart!

Q: when is book 4 coming out
RM: Book 4 comes out in fall 2013.

Q: Will we see more of Sydney's Sisters Zoe & Carly?
RM: We'll see Zoe in books 3 and 4.

RM: Oy, I blasted through as many questions as I could and even went over time. 245 left! Sorry, guys. It's time to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment