I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls, #1) by Ally Carter



Okay, so where do I start from?
There are so many things I could actually say about this book, that I practically have absolutely no idea where to start my review from!

Well, I guess I'll start with the basics!
I decided to start reading this book, after having read, and enjoyed so much, Ally Carter's Heist Society. It was a fun read, and I liked the whole good-thief-in-a-mission plot very much. But, with the first book of Gallagher Girls? Well, what can I say? I simply loved it! The author's style of writing, her humor, the evolution of the plot, the characters, the main heroine.

Actually, this book would have been in my "Favorites" shelf, especially for its start and end. I have to admit, that I honestly thought I had so so much time to read something so good, before reaching up the point of the new love interest! I don't know why, but after that I thought Cam was just a 15 year old girl, and not the awesome spy I'd liked so much from the beginning of the book. To be honest, I also cheated a bit, by going to the book's page on Goodreads and reading other people's reviews! And, I got a little surprised finding out that some people actually thought the plot got better after Josh's appearance. But, oh well, we all have different tastes.

From the reviews of the next books in these series, I've come to the understanding that these series become better and better with each book, so I'm totally planning on keep reading! I have a feeling that it will soon be in my "Favorites" shelf!

Until then, I recommend this book, and generally, all the books and series by Ally Carter I've read, to everyone that wants a somewhat light read, about teenage spies, spiked with a bit drama, that make you giggle on your own at some times, and at others even get a little sad. (Or, a lot... Or, it could just be hormones kicking in. I guess I'll have to keep reading to find out.)


No comments:

Post a Comment